Monday, August 31, 2009

Not so fast there, friend, aka, me.

Okay.

So today was Week 6, Day 1. I had some pretty positive thoughts about it and didn't think it would be too bad since there wasn't too much addition to the distance. Yeahhhhhh, about that....I was wrong. Since my train of thought was that it wouldn't be that bad, especially because of the walking, I wanted today to start building up my speed. The first half mile I was done in about 6 minutes, which I was pretty impressed! So I slowed down a bit for the walking in order to rest up enough to tackle the 3/4 mile section. I started off pretty strong, but it felt like it lasted FOREVER! So I get to the next walking segment (yay!) and think that it won't be that bad because it's just another 1/2 mile. It wasn't too bad, but the last 15th of a mile bout killed me haha. When I uploaded my race info, my little line chart was good until the last part and it was another big ole dip haha. But here's the stats for today's run: 3.13 miles (warm up and cool down and walking around the crosswalk until the light changed that took FOREVER), 44:39 minutes, an average of 14:15 per mile (probably because of the slower walking), and 450 calories. Not too bad, but maybe Wednesday will be a little bit easier. :)

I've put up a picture of Henry, so here's Millie. This is right after she got her summer haircut at the beginning of summer (she usually has long/shaggy hair). When I picked her up from the groomers I definitely laughed pretty loud. She looked so naked! And she wasn't entirely sure about the lessening of hair, either haha. But isn't she just so freaking cute?!

HONK!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Hahah I hate slow crosswalks! So annoying!!

    Millie!! Too cute. And all kinds of uncomfortable looking, sans hair :)

    Honk!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what my runs look like on Nike+

    That is a good time btw, especially for having all the walking and such in there.

    Honk!

    ReplyDelete