Sunday, August 16, 2009

sauna jogging

So today was my Week 3, Day 3. I realize my schedule is a touch off. Please bear with me; scheduling running is just more complicated with my weird and completely exhausting new work routine. I am really, really thankful that you guys are doing this program with me; I don't know if I would have the motivation right now to keep going with it otherwise, if we are being honest. I know that I tend to feel better after I run, and that I really need a form of stress relief, but right now all I want to do is like, clean, cook, and sleep. It seems silly, even to me, that I have such a hard time, even on days that the actual run is only about 15 minutes long. I guess I'm still not to the point where it feels quick to just jog out the door, and come back and pick right back up with whatever I was doing before. I have end up kinda sitting around for a little while, then a little longer while I figure out if I'm going to shower immediately or say, clean the bathroom first. Or I get all annoyed because I can't seem to find a good time/order to schedule running, showering, and meals. Anyway, I'm just glad to have you guys helping me stay motivated, either directly, or just because I don't want to be left out/behind :)

And on to more positive things: so it was REALLY steamy during my run, but it wasn't really bothersome until I was walking home haha. Also, I got outside and completely forgot what the appropriate walking to running ratio was. I ran 3 minutes, walked 1.5, called Matt, who told me that the running and walking for each set was equal. But at that point, I'd already cut down my walking time with little difficulty, so for once, I overachieved! My times were as follows: 3 min run, 1.5 walk, 2 min run, 1.5 walk, 3 min run, 1.5 walk, 3 run, 1.5 walk, 3 min run. So a total of 14 minutes of running, 6 walking (plus 5 warm up). Not bad, if I do say so myself. :) Then I continued with my stretching and trying to do splits.

Yesterday I went rock climbing, which is why I didn't run my last day of week 3 then. It was really good! I only climbed one route, twice, but just being outside and climbing again was nice. Today I went to church, then to lunch with my brother and a friend, read for a bit, then took two naps. Like, I got up for maybe 30 minutes between them. It was really out of character. Anyway, so I dreamed I had this pet:
that kept following me around. Like a puppy. And he'd take his beak and pull on my sweatshirt, and I kept trying to get him to back off a little bit, because it was one of those dreams where I was having trouble seeing and moving (dunno if yall know what I'm talking about, but they are REALLY annoying dreams). Anyway, if you've seen UP! he was kinda like this guy:


in personality, but little like a normal peacock physically.

For the rest of my evening, I am going to eat dinner, work on my nursing journal, and plan my day off tomorrow :) First thing on the list: deposit my first paycheck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go on the over achieving! That's awesome and I think the couch to 5K gods will approve.

    I have dreams sometimes where i just can't open my eyelids all the way and so i can barely see. I usually end up freaking out then waking up......

    Don't sweat about getting behind, we understand and are here for you. But don't get crazy behind, you know?

    I still haven't seen "UP" btw, i want to tho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes you overachiever you! I like how we each feel like overachievers haha. :)

    I have dreams where I'm falling face down on to a wood floor and then I wake up in a big old jolt with my heart pounding. So odd.....

    It's cool that you've gotten behind. Life happens. :) But I'm happy that you're still motivated and want to keep up with it. I need you and Matt as much (if not more) than you need me!

    FYI: freaking LOVED LOVED LOVED UP!. :) Totally gonna buy it on DVD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Matt, those are the kind of dreams I have too! Except I don't usually wake up from them. And in this case, I also was having trouble walking and moving. It was weird and really annoying. Thank god I had a goofy peacock to keep me company.

    Um, Liz, I've never had that kind of dream. Yikes.

    I wanna rewatch UP!, so when you buy it, I'm coming over. Or you can come over here. Either way. Haha.

    ReplyDelete