Saturday, August 29, 2009

Slow and steady wins the race


Yeah I was forced into running slowly for the second half of my Week 5 Day 2 workout. I was going strong for the first half, at a decent pace of 5.0 mph. And then the walking segment was also going well... and then I had 4 sips of water. Bad idea. About 0.1 mile into the last running part I got some side stitches from hell. I tried to keep going at the 5.0 pace and lasted another 0.12 miles, then dropped down to 4.5 mph for the rest of the running. All in all I burned 203 calories, went 2.56 miles, in 36:58 minutes. Woot.

I am like... a fan of the couch to 5 K, on facebook. They post articles pretty much every day. What I've read so far has been good, even though I am sometimes suspicious, from a nursing standpoint, of the validity of some sports/exercise articles. But so far I like these.

I am pretty sure I had a lot more to write about but forgot it. So. Here is a picture of my mom's dog, back when she was a puppy. You cannot tell from this picture what an awesome dog she is. Her name is Kenzie, and her ears move independently from each other, like little satellite dishes on top of her head. Also, she has an almost constant sarcastic smirk on her face (developed after puppy-hood, during which she usually just looked terrified). She also goes by Foxy Woxy and Mrs. Boodle. Both characters from somewhat obscure books. The second picture is when I made her stand between two reindeer around Christmas time. She was thoroughly unamused; I was thoroughly amused.


3 comments:

  1. Cute dog!

    That is a pretty good pace, 5mph. I always feel like I'm going to fall off a treadmill or something.

    I'm checking out the stretching article that C25K put up the other day, i feel like I need to do that more, or for longer i should say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got through it! Your pace didn't slow down too much, so that's good. :)

    I freaking LOVE the puppy pictures! And I'm totally amused, even if the dog wasn't haha.

    And I need to check their fb a bit more.....I tend to forget haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel like I'm going to fall off the treadmill too haha. Hopefully today's run will be side stitch free.

    I love my mom's dog, yall should meet her sometime haha. She also goes by Kenzliedale. Which rhymes with a type of cheese, wensleydale. I am really unsure of how to spell that.

    ReplyDelete