Monday, August 24, 2009

Aaaannnnnnnddddd GO!

Today was the early run outside. It took me a few minutes longer to get out of bed, not because of lack of motivation, but because I was freaking TIRED. But I was looking forward to the new running schedule of the day. I measured today by time versus distance since I haven't bought the Nike+ system yet, so I'm not sure how far I went. I was pretty proud of myself today, though. Why, you may ask? Well I'll tell you! So my route has gotten longer with each week, so I'm happy about that. But that's not the really cool part. :) So I was finishing my last 5 minutes and decided to keep up my walking pace for the next three minutes and then do a cool down. I was feeling so proud of myself that I made it through the run that I decided to run the last little bit back to the crosswalk and THEN do the cool down. So not only did I run for another minute and 40 seconds, I went FAST! :) Sooooo yeah......I was pretty proud haha. The second 5 minute round was the hardest part for me because of the stinkin' incline of the dern road, so I had to revert to the old man shuffle for that part. And then back to the younger version for the rest. Tomorrow I'll be at the gym so I'll be measuring by distance versus time. Should be pretty interesting, to say the least! OH! And my knee was okay today - not incredibly painful but just more annoying than anything else.

I found this really awesome yogurt by Yoplait that's called Yoplait Delights and it's SOOOOO FREAKING GOOD! The flavor I like is the Chocolate Raspberry, but I might try the Triple Berry one.....or the Lemon one......It's been my dessert lately, and only 1oo calories! So here is the Chocolate Raspberry:

pic-chocolate-pro.png




2 comments:

  1. Way to go!! Good job on going further, even after struggling to get out of bed! How often do you run outside vs treadmill?

    Your yogurt pic didn't show up, but I love the choc raspberry one!!

    I always do the old man shuffle up hills. Its killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It kinda varies how much I run outside and at the gym. It'll either be once or twice outside, depending on how I feel haha. So minimum once outside, but lately it's been about twice outside.

    ReplyDelete