Sunday, August 2, 2009

Early (out of) bed

I had a rough night sleep last night. Here's what my bed looked like when I got up around 8:30 am (Amanda is over to the right, ssshhhhhh). So yeah, a not all to early morning run for my first day of week 2!

All in all it went pretty well. Had the iPod and the stop watch going. I also had a countdown timer thing on my wristwatch going as well. I kinda felt like a robot or something. I set it for 26 minutes which included the 5 minute warm up. So I did a little extra just to prove to myself that I could. The new week's routine wasn't a noticeable difference over week one at the end of the run, during the run is another story. I noticed the extra 30 secs of running but the extra 30 secs of walking made up for it to a certain extent, hence it being a wash by the end of the run. All in all a good first session for week 2. Can't wait to hear from you guys!

Matt

3 comments:

  1. Way to be the first one on Week 2!!! Also, it sounds like you're right where you are supposed to be: the running's a challenge, but you are able to recover between each jog section. Sorry you didn't sleep well last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay week 2! :) I agree with Liz - def a positive result though. :)

    Don't wake Amanda - runn quickly if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She gotten better that she used to be about being woken up, i don't think i run the risk of getting punched in the face like Loren did.

    ReplyDelete