Tuesday, August 11, 2009

cheaters never prosper...

I really don't like stretching. I just think about doing it, and get annoyed! I don't know why, it's not like it hurts or anything. Anyway. All this to say, while I have sort of been stretching, most of the time, it hasn't been sufficient. And today, my knee began to rebel when I got home from my run. So now it's all achy and grumpy, and I'm grumpy at the thought of always having to stretch haha. Oh well. There are worse things in life, I know.

Today was my Week 3 Day 1 run. And yes, Matt, I too noticed the math being goofy. But, considering, after 15 minutes, we are done with the running part and then just have to walk another 3-5, I am not complaining haha. I felt all kinds of strong for the first half of my run. And then I turned around to run home... uphill. It wasn't uphill the whole way, but my 90 sec walk, then 90 sec run, then part of the next walking section were all solidly uphill, so by the time I was done, I was DONE. haha.

The rest of my day was really busy- laundry that I didn't finish until a couple minutes ago, grocery shopping and target, worked a lot on DAYA stuff, and I cooked dinner!! I am going to be an excellent cook. I can tell. haha. Well, maybe not like, Food Network awesome, but I will be able to cook myself healthy food. Which is the goal. I made chicken with balsamic vinegar and garlic. It was really delicious. For my sides I had leftover broccoli and tortellini, and a rosemary herb roll.

Tomorrow is work. Sigh. My day off was way too short. Tomorrow is "check in wednesday" at work. I think we are going to learn to chart on our patients. Oh well. I'll live. THEN! is Mellow Mushroom with Liz!! And then Rita's! After that I'm not sure what I'm doing. Probably working on DAYA stuff, calling insurance, doctors, and gwinnett county jury people to try to get out of it. I lead an exciting life, be jealous everyone.


honk. I'm out.

3 comments:

  1. I'm bad about stretching, too. I'll usually do it right before I run and then when I'm in the shower afterwards, but I'm pretty bad about stretching during the day at random times. Boo. But we'll get better!! :)

    I love to cook. :) Tonight I made fajita-like burritos haha. I put sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and tomatoes on a whole wheat tortilla. :) It was pretty yummy. Followed by some pita chips with hummus and for dessert a Yoplait Delight Rasberry & Chocolate yogurt. :)

    I'm so excited! I can taste Ritas now....yummy!

    HONK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah stretching. I will do better, I will. Sigh. Anyway. That dinner sounds delish! I love that flavor of yogurt!! I looked for some at the store yesterday but couldn't find any.

    RITAS TODAY. yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous, you have a pretty sweet life. And you get hang with Rita, whoever she is.

    I miss our mellow mushroom. Mellow Mushroom corporate office took away the franchise from the owners down here because it had essentially turned into a bar.

    And Yay for week 3!

    ReplyDelete