Wednesday, August 5, 2009

not bad, not bad

I've started to find that I sweat a lot after I've done a couple of rotations while running.....hah.  I can just imagine how red my face gets when I run haha.  I also decided that I need some new running clothes.  And an armband for my iPod.  I totally knocked it off the treadmill today when I was at the gym.  Oops!  But it was fine. :)  I've also realized that I'm not as sore as I thought I would be when I'm done running.  Of which I'm completely fine with, but I guess it just shows that my muscles are starting to build up......maybe.....haha.  I dunno really. :)  I'm still getting a little more winded than I would like towards the end of the run, but I can't expect to be running without a few huffs and puffs here and there I guess.  Nothing happens overnight! :)  My current dilemma is that I'll be driving on Friday and then will be hitting the ground running (haha, ya like that one?) once Matt & I get to FL for SWFL's Vocare weekend.  But I think Matt & I are going to try to find time on Saturday to run.  So that'll be my Friday. :)

On another note, had Rita's today for the first time with Liz. :)  She had the mango ice with orange cream custard and I had the banana ice with chocolate custard.  It was delish. :)  And here's our lovely pic of our Rita's goodness:


PS:  Don't really know why my last pic didn't show up, but it was the Marine Corps seal. :)

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I get fairly winded at the end of runs (partially cuz I like to sprint as much as I can of my last running segment) but I'm not sore anymore. Just really tired.

    And I'm totally jealous ya'll got to hang out today and that there is a greater chance ya'll can hang out with each other (not that ya'll shouldn't but I want to too *pokes lip out*)

    But Liz W and I get to hang out aallll weekend! WOOR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I used to totally send my iPod flying every few workouts... so embarrassing haha. Ok not that tragic, I realize, still a hassle. That's so cool that you and Matt get to run together!! I'm so jealous. -honk- Just thought that needed to be added. I want some new running clothes too, but I think I need to wait for a paycheck or two haha.

    PS- I love that you kinda can't tell how our desserts are half gone in that pic. They look awkward, but not as consumed as they actually were. yum.

    PPS- Matt, don't worry, my job is about to take over my life. Liz and I won't even be friends anymore by next Tuesday or so. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great update, Liz! I am glad to see that you're feeling better after your runs. That Rita's looks awesome, and I know just where you went for it. Mayhaps sometime the three of us can go. :)

    ReplyDelete