Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ima lobster/gym issues

Okay so its not that bad but the last two days I have gotten A LOT of sun. I did my week 5 day 3 yesterday and went swimming for 4-5 hours so I got fairly red. Then today I went running during the hottest part of the day, around 3ish. Because I had run yesterday I could feel my arms baking. So from now on I'm either going to be a little more careful of when I run or get some sunscreen.

So Week 6 Day 1. It went pretty well. I was glad to have the walking break in there. My calves didn't hurt as bad today so that was good. I need to try and figure out what I can do to alleviate the burning or just make them stronger so it doesn't hurt as bad. All in all a very positive run I would say.

I'm really itching to get in the gym and lift some weights but money is a little sparse right now. But I think a gym membership might be in the works in the next cpl months. I also am trying to think of where in Valdosta has a lap pool and the only places I can think of are the YMCA and the VSU rec center. And the rec center is the only one to have an indoor pool. So right now it is the leading candidate. The downside is that they have limited hours for alumni and the general hours of operation are very sporadic due to holidays and winter break and summer break etc.

Anyway here are a cpl pics of the floor plan:

this is the 1st floor with the 3 basketball courts and 3 racquet ball courts, as well as the aerobics classroom, locker rooms, rock climbing wall and pool.
this is the 2nd floor with a walking/running track highlighted in blue (it looks down onto the courts which is cool) also this is where all the actual weight lifting machines are and treadmills and cardio equipment is. And the rock climbing wall comes up through to the 2nd floor near the cardio machines, its that open space just left of the bottom left corner of the track. It is a pretty sweet place and I've spent many a hour there back in the day when i was actually working out.

till next time

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Sweet gym! West GA has one they built (and finished after I graduated) but I never used it. Didn't make sense if I didn't live in Carrollton.

    I'm glad today went well! I'm hoping the calves problem doesn't get too bad for me tomorrow haha.

    Yay for Week 6!! Heck yes! Honk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunscreen!!! You need it, sir. Just sayin.

    The gym looks cool! I am thinking I might discontinue my gym membership in a few months, once I am for real a runner, and take some sort of other class for a time elsewhere.

    Honk!

    ReplyDelete