Thursday, August 6, 2009

I think I have a crush on running

The other day Mitch Roper and I were chatting on IM and he said a friend of his talks about runnng as if runningwere a woman. If that is the case then I am totally crushing on running. But if running is a woman, she's kind of a bitch. Either that or a dominatrix cause I hurt while I was running these last few times.

For some reason I let myself get talked into going running with my sister BEFORE WORK on Friday mornings. That starts tomorrow. So lets recap, running at like 7am with my sister, running at some point with Liz W at Vocare this weekend and running on Sunday when I get home. Am I crazy?!? Seriously though I'm going to cut out that Sunday run for this week so I can run with Liz W (Yay! I'm really looking forward to that!) and the Friday morning run might replace my Thurday run we'll see.

Week 2 day 3 is in the books. I had a stich in my side flare up towords the end of the 90 secs almost every time today. But on a positive note I actually calculated how many laps I ran and I did 2 miles! I did it in about 28 minutes (including the 5 min warmup walk). Amanda went with me again today and kept the time while she walked. She did a mile and a half so yay Amanda!

And lastly I did some math after talking to Liz B today and we figured that I've lost 50 lbs in the last 16 months. And that was basically before I started running. So I feel pretty good about myself. Look for a post this weekend after the Vocare run with Liz W.

Matt

Oh! Random Picture time:


Check out my killer form!

2 comments:

  1. So every time I look at that picture, I fail to see the volleyball, and I get confused as to why you are kneeling like that. Then I realize I'm an idiot. :)

    I am so proud of you!! I love that you are enjoying running, and I love that we can all share it via the interwebs, since we can't always be nearby. Way to go on Week 2's completion!! I know you and Liz ran today on the beach and I'm so jealous, but excited to know that we can all run together in the nearish future.

    Also, let me reiterate how proud I am and you should be for the 50lb weight loss. That is an entire 3rd grader. (Specifically I weighed 50 lb in the third grade).

    Love from ATL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck yes for 50! That's pretty awesome. :)

    And I can't wait for the three of us to run together! Yay!

    ReplyDelete