Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the animal kingdom

So today was my Week 3, Day 2 run. I ran outside again instead of at the gym. I noticed a dead:


And I was thinking, they are similar in body size and shape to:
I felt pretty good for the most part. Although, the last 3 minutes of running were uphill again, so that was really rough. As usual, I didn't want to stretch, BUT I figured out a way to make it a little more bearable. You see, I needed a goal to start running (the end being a 5 or 10 K), and I realize I need a concrete set of goals for stretching! SO now I am on my way to being able to touch my toes without bending my knees (sitting or standing), and do splits (middle, and left and right sided). :) I'm pretty pleased with myself for coming up with that form of motivation, I'll be honest.

Today I had work for a few hours; more computer charting training. That part was dull, but our little "check in" time is always nice. Natasha is just great. Then was lunch and Rita's with Liz!! Delicious as always. My italian ice was cookies and cream. It's mind boggling- it's ice. but it tastes like cookies. Then I went over to Lauren's and hung out for a couple hours before coming home, playing on FB for a bit, then headed out for my run. Then I pulled together a really unexciting dinner: peach, noodles with a little olive oil and parmesan, a roll, and a cookie. Now I'm just working on being ready for my day tomorrow. Phew.

honk.

4 comments:

  1. Okay so sad/morbid way to start off the post but way to pick it up with the Koala!

    You are better preparing yourself for the 5k by running with hills so keep it up! I'm running on a track most of the time. But at least it's not like I'm training on an elliptical, that would be just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Koalas are do dern cute! And raccoons are too, just a bit more of a forager.

    Matt, stop hatin' on our gym! ;)

    I need to stretch lots more. Back in the day I used to be pretty dern flexible due to dance and whatnot. We can stretch!

    Honk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrl plz, I gotz no hate in my game! (I just said that bout the elliptical cuz its not really running and wouldn't prepare you for a 5k)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I know, they are both cute... raccoons I wish weren't so associated with garbage though haha. And rabies. Ha.

    Yay stretching!

    And thanks for clarifying that you "gotz no hate in your game," Matt. Hahaha. This whole exchange made me laugh a lot.

    ReplyDelete