Wednesday, August 26, 2009

off the beaten path....well not entirely

This week has been kind of crazy for me and very stressful. So thanks for bearing with me. Tonight I was feeling stressed out. So i decided on an impromptu run. I ran from my house to my in laws house mainly to see if I could but also to watch some of the Braves game on their TV. I have the route I took outlined in black in the pic below. Amanda came and picked me up after and we measured the distance to be right at a mile and a half. I ran the whole time over some pretty up and down terrain that inclined two fields with pretty high grass and two pretty steep ditches. All in all it felt great to just have an unplanned pound it out run.


Sadly as I was recounting this run to Baykur on IM earlier tonight I realized that I have done say 1 twice this week. So tomorrow I'm going to actually do day 2 the right way. Now I know i could probably get away with skipping day two since i ran tonight and did day 1 twice but that just seems wrong to me. Anyway, thanks again for all the HONK's and support this week so far, you guys have kept me going and my spirits up as much as they can be. love y'all.

Matt

3 comments:

  1. Yay for impromptu runs! :) I'm proud you took the road less travelled. ;)

    Good job with planning on doing Day 2 even though you ran today. I must say, dear friend, I believe that you are the most runner-est out of all of us! :)

    HONK!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was actually a lot of fun and I didn't seem nearly as tired as I would have thought, plus I wasn't as tired as I would have thought.

    And I could just be the most narcissistic runner with the most free time, but either way, its yielding results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, you are the most runnerest! You win the most runnerest award, actually. Complete with... a trophy! not really. Way to go on the bonus run, and the extra day 1 run this week, and staying on track with it all!

    ReplyDelete