Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 4!

Phew. I got through Week 4, Day 1. I did the sections a little backwards, doing the 5 min sections before the 3, but total timewise, it all worked out to be the same. So, the running itself, not bad, I kinda like it... and then something like today happens.... I got to the huge fun hill to run down, during a walking segment. And when I turned around and started the second 5 min section... there was that hill again. Only this time, it was uphill, and I had to run it. SO PAINFUL. haha. I got through it though, even though I got like a stitch in my shoulder and was totally doing the old man shuffly run the whole time haha. This was my motivation:
I get the little 80 calorie bottles. I know it's mostly sugar, but after a run, SO GOOD. haha. Then I proceeded to make dinner: a delicious walnut and feta orzo. Mmmmm.

The rest of my day was quietly busy and consisted of me tying up loose ends. I called my insurance company about the debit card that hadn't come in (it arrived later today), the neurologist about some prescriptions, Gwinnett county about jury duty, did some dishes, went to the grocery store, etc. AND I deposited my first paycheck! I'm still so excited about it haha. Ok, that's all for now. I think tomorrow I'm going to let my body rest, or I'll end up running 4 days, off 3, and I'd rather have it more evenly spaced than that.

4 comments:

  1. I love that you old man shuffled. :) And I'm happy you conquered that hill! :)

    I freaking LOVE Gatorade. It's def even better after running.

    Yay for money! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I pretty much never want gatorade... unless I've been running or skiing. Skiing makes any food taste delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Liz W. Gatorade? really? GATORade! helloooo, you gotta start drinking powerade, the official sports drink of the Seminoles.

    Baykur you, along with being team Nurse are team Chef as well. Our first race together we are all going somewhere with a kitchen and having a nice home cooked meal. Not saying you have to cook but you can choose the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooo!!! We could all cook! Or just go to a restaurant and make them cook for us haha.

    And you know, Matt, I love the Seminoles, but Powerade just doesn't cute it. :( Go Noles! :)

    ReplyDelete