Saturday, August 22, 2009

Look at us!! :)

Dude! I'm so proud of our Week 4! I got up extra early, Liz Baykur ran after a crazy long day, and Matt ran a 5K! Say whhhaaatttt??? I think we're all on the right track here. :)

So I ran yesterday but didn't get a chance to update b/c I was kinda all over the place a bit. Thursday night I was in Milledgeville for Bobby's going away party at the Linney's, so needless to say I didn't get to bed until about 4 in the morning with my belly full of my friend Captain and a few dashes of good ole Coca Cola. So yeah......I slept in a little bit but had to get back to Atlanta around lunch-ish, plus getting up when others left to say bye to them. So not a lot of sleep, slightly dehydrated, and my tummy not really liking being awake yet. Not a positive situation to go running haha. I decided that I had a couple of choices - it looked like it was going to rain (which was fine with me b/c I totally wanted to go run in the rain) and if my tummy decided that running was going to make me get slightly sick, then the rain would wash it away outside (don't judge me! ;) ); if it didn't rain I'd go to the gym and be on the treadmills closest to the bathrooms hah. I thought about running today, but I didn't think there would be time. It didn't rain, so off to the gym I went.

Speaking of the Linneys, here we are in a Linney sandwich! :)


Once I got through the warm up walk and the first 3 minutes, my tummy was fine. :) I almost got through 2 miles in 34 minutes, so that was positive for me. The legs were definitely glad to be done by the last 5 minutes of running, but I was still pretty proud that I got through it. The bad part about the run was that my knee started to act up a bit more. It's been a little annoying but now that the running segments are longer, it's slightly painful at the beginning of the run and then a bit more by the end. So yeah, not happy. I'm going to have to start taping it up and probably doing some exercises to strengthen the muscles that are letting my knee not be happy. So hopefully my trainer friend will call me back soon and I can get that situated before Monday.

Okay so moving on to Friday night. After running I was definitely a bit sore and then went to the OAR concert with my friend Renee and our good friend Charles Amuzie. Add Week 4 Day 3 exercise with 3 hours of standing and that equals a sore Liz today haha. But I am excited for Week 5 - I'm really looking forward to going to the gym and measuring by distance rather than time. That way I'll sorta have a gauge on where I am.

Lastly, a shout out to Sarah Tax, aka President of the LizMattLizTrainForA5k Fan Club of PA. ;)

I'm so proud of us! HONK!

3 comments:

  1. Dang right shout out for Sarah Tax! Love you girl!

    Good job on toughing it out and good plan on choosing a treadmill close to the bathroom, you're one smart cookie!

    I've noticed my legs hurting in certain places on the longer run segments too but usually i slow up some and it goes away, it never lasts too long.

    Week 5 day 1 here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so dedicated! Great job for not using excuses to avoid running after a fun night :) Was the OAR show good? My brother is going to see them tomorrow night in NC. He and his wife are big fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! Week 4 done! (Ok, yet again, I still have one day left). I'm jealous you got to hang out with fun DofG people this weekend!!

    Good luck with your knee; I hope it doesn't continue to bother you!

    ReplyDelete