Monday, August 24, 2009

going the distance

Today I made the change for running based on time to running based on distance. Needless to say it took a lot longer. With the warm up and cool down (each of which were a lap as opposed to 5 mins) it took a little over 36 mins. I felt like it went pretty well considering each running interval was anywhere from a minute to 2 minutes longer than what I had been running. But in turn the walking was longer time wise as well. I managed the last 1/2 mile in a little over 6 minutes.

My goal in the next 5 weeks is to drop my time and be able to run faster (and not die in the process). All in all Week 5 Day 1 is in the books and it went well.

Here is a random picture from about 2 years ago when Amanda, Lauren and I were visiting Mary and Derek and Lauren gave me a mohawk. Granted not the best angle for a view of a mohawk but its there I promise:
peace

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Yeah.....I'm gonna say that it's going to take me a bit longer to go by distance, too. I ran outside today so I didn't get to measure.

    I think I'd like to start to work towards bumping my time down, as well. Without dying in the process, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go in going the more difficult route! (since going by time would be faster and therefore easier). I am not sure what I'm going to do, to get my time and distance to match up... Honk!!

    ReplyDelete