Monday, August 17, 2009

Say whhhhhaaaaattt?

Today wasn't too bad.  Like everyone else, I kinda enjoyed it.....say whhhhaaaatttt?  Oh, that's right - I said it.  I ENJOYED my run today! :)  I had to be in Carrollton by 9 so I decided that I would get up even earlier to do my run.  I really like starting the day with a run versus running in the middle or at night.  That way I'm not taking two showers a day.  Plus the run has been done and I'm not worrying about making sure I get it done.  So at 6:00 am my alarm went off and I was out the door by 6:12 ready to go.  I had to look up the timing last night and put it in my phone so I could look at it as a reminder if need be.  Of which I did before I started.  I ran with my phone today b/c I couldn't find my earphones so I just had my music playing for all the world to hear.  From my sports bra.  I didn't feel like carrying it and I wanted to be able to hear the music, so that was the most logical place to put it.  

It was dark when I left the house this morning.....and still slightly dark when I got back about 31 minutes later.  The sun was trying at least!  The whole time I was chanting in my head (and sometimes out loud) "3, 90, 5, 2.5, 3, 90,5" a few times hah.  I didn't want to forget or pull my phone out of my bra to look at it haha.  But no joke, I was the ONLY PERSON OUT this morning on the sidewalk.  It took me a few minutes to finally see one older couple walking the opposite direction as me.  And most of the houses didn't even have any lights on yet.  So it could've been creepy but I tried to stay away from that type of thinking.  

I almost lost track of time the first go round.  I usually estimate when to check my watch according to the songs I'm listening to.  I figure an average song is between 3 and 4 minutes, so I try to gauge my time on that instead of focusing so much on my watch.  Which, for me anyway, is better.  Time is the last thing I want to think about.  So I decide to look at my watch and I almost went over my first 3 minutes.  It just seemed so easy and went by pretty quickly.  The first set wasn't too bad - the last set was a little harder.  The second 3 minutes turned back into the old man run (my pace has gotten better outside), but the second 5 minutes was better and more of a younger pace. :)

Alright that's a lot of detail for one run, but it's all good. :)  I don't have a picture of my run this morning, but this is where I was in Antigua - and I really wanna go back!


The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's still pretty. :)

This afternoon I met up with my supervisors for my internship, which went well so I'm pretty excited.  And then I came home and was just a bit lazy until I made the rice for dinner and marinated the porkchops that went on the grill.  It was yummy. :)

I'm so proud of us and our Week 4!! :)  Honk!

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha clever hiding place for your phone/music.

    Yeah, I couldn't remember the order of the 3 vs 5 segments, so when I had gone 3 minutes, and wasn't tired, I decided I'd go ahead and run the longer segments first to get them out of the way. Even though I think it came back to bite me, as that second 5 minutes was alll uphill.

    Way to be dedicated to the morning run. That's intense. I have a hard time getting myself out of bed to run. Which is why lately I've gone at like 6 pm.

    That picture is really pretty; I want to go there. Like now.

    honk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put your phone in your bra, gives new meaning to more bars in more places...HEYOOOOO!!!

    One of the reasons I want to switch from time to distance is I won't have to deal with all the bloody counting. It'll be like this "1.......2........3........4" as i'm counting laps. Much easier than the long division i'm doing now.

    So yeah, yay for week 4!

    Honk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, ya gotta get your bars where you can! ;) "more bars in more places" = love it! LOL

    So once we accomplish our goal we should go to Antigua. K cool thanks.

    I'll def be glad when I can start doing mileage - next week for sure! But I'll be starting on Day 2 to try to keep track b/c I'll be at the gym for that one....I think....haha.

    YAY!

    ReplyDelete