Monday, August 3, 2009

geese, italian ice, and a little bit of running

Lets see... oh right. So it's Week 2, Day 1. I realized though, that I did what Matt did last week, and mix up the running vs. the walking times, haha. So next run should be a little easier. I also slacked some on my stretching a little today... not on purpose though. I heard a story about geese today, how when they are flying in their formation, they honk to encourage each other, and I immediately thought of our running :) . So now I think of all of us as geese. Haha. Geese lessons (it's the 4th one on there, I am sure a million companies use these, but whatever).

I have been really craving Rita's Italian Ice this week.


I am hoping to get to the grocery store soonish... I don't have like real food here. I think I'm going to get some hummus and rice cakes for snacks, and cheddar bunnies for my lunches at the hospital. I have a surplus of fruits and veggies for the time being. I need more idk, entree type foods. Hopefully once I start work, I'll be more intentional in my meal planning. Because lately it's just been, hmmm what do i have around? Nutella and saltines? sure that sounds like dinner.

Work was good today! Everyone in the hospital is like, ridiculously team work oriented. And insist on making the hospital your second family. So a couple of us are standing in line in the cafeteria, and this nurse in front of us was like staring at our name tags and asking us where we were working, and how things were going. Also, I'm going to get to cross train for the heart monitoring unit, and then later the cardiac ICU. I really love our nurse educator. She's really funny and goofy and loud and from New Jersey. At one point I was sitting in orientation, and we were all discussing something hospital related and I realized, FINALLY! I am where I am supposed to be.

4 comments:

  1. Starz) I'm really proud of you! You are exactly where you belong and I couldn't be happier for you :)

    Encore)I'm jonesing (sp?) for some cheddar bunnies now and I've never even had them!

    Showtime) So other than getting the times mixed up, how did the run go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. one) Thanks!!! Now I just need a paycheck.

    two) I'm sorry. Don't eat them. They are a gateway drug to... I don't know... overpriced organic snacks.

    three) The run went well!! I was worried the knees were going to be pissed. The lady next to me was kinda creepy (I was at the gym). I burned 149 calories and went 1.99 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NBC) Totally had a random woman running next to me today too!

    ABC) Yay for the job!!:) Heck yes!

    CBS) We should totally do Rita's this week.....but not this weekend b/c I'll be at SWFL's Vocare. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. !) You are EXACTLY where you're meant to be. Check out Jeremiah 29:11.

    @) I'm so proud of all three of you!

    #) I am SUPER jealous of y'all going to Vocare while I am here taking an eight hour (!) class on Business Environment and Concepts of Accounting ZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzz *wakes up* What was I doing? Oh yes, commenting on this awesome blog!

    $) I heart you all.

    ReplyDelete