Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'm a walking ad for Nike.....

True story - I'm such a Nike nerd now, and I don't even mean to be haha. I started with the shoes, then bought some shorts and sports bras, and now the Nike+ system hah. They should pay me for endorsements haha. I went to the gym today for my Day 2 and I used the new Nike+ thingy. Sidenote on that btw - I had the receiver plugged into my computer to charge and my computer was on my bed. I got home and the dogs came downstairs, and as Henry jumped on the bed, my computer fell off. With the receiver still in it. It didn't break in the USB port, but it did crack and the display is only about 3/4 visible. But it still works so that's positive. Needless to say, I was not happy at the dogs for a bit last night hah.

Okay so back to the story:

I had to change treadmills a couple of times before I got really started, but I went by the mileage on my Nike+ bracelet instead of the treadmill b/c then it'd be off a little bit. But yeah, the first couple of treadmills didn't like me and I slipped a couple of times. So DUMB. But unfortunately the one I ended up on is the same one I've had before but forgot that it rocked a little bit when I ran. So the music got a bit louder in my ears to drown out my heavy steps and the rocking noise. Okay, totally went on a tangent again, so yeahhhhhhhh......

I measured by distance today, which like everyone else has said took a little bit longer. The cool part is that it didn't take a ton longer, so that was happy. :) I was going pretty strong the first 3/4 mile and was very happy when the walking started haha. Once the second 3/4 started I was starting to feel the nice annoying-ness of my knee, soon followed by my hip of the same leg. Boo. But it wasn't crazy painful, just really annoying. Today in total, with the 5 minute warm up walk and 5 minute cool down walk, I went a total of 2.44 miles, 350 calories burned(!!), and it took me 38 min and 38 seconds. Yay!

So I'm looking forward to Friday and the nonstop running of two miles, if only for the reason to see how I'm doing. I'm going to run outside so that if I do start to die, it will be where (presumably) not many people will be able to see me die, versus at the gym, there are people in very close proximity that can see my demise. Plus it's just smarter to run outside for this one.

This is Henry, one of my dogs and the one that jumped too close to the computer and made the "receiver incident" happen.

Okay, this was crazy long. My b, yo. ;) HONK! :)

2 comments:

  1. If my ascics shoes weren't like running on pillows soft, i would be a nike freak too. I want the nike+ deal but as tech savy as i am i may need a tutorial from like a live person not a website.

    And way to go on the distance/time switch, that seems like kind of a breaking point for some people but you did it! I'm way proud, honk!

    Btw on facebook you can become a fan of the couch to 5k plan and on one of their posts they asked "what week are you in?" and so many people posted replies saying how they couldn't finish certain days or were stuck on this one week. So i have to give us a pat on the back cuz we are kicking those people's ass for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nike + sounds really great!! I want something like that! Right now I'm just going to the gym for the distance runs. Eventually I may clock something out in my car, or google map it. We'll see.

    Way to go with your run! Even if I am DAYS behind on commenting :)

    Oh, Henry! Haha. too cute. and clumsy apparently.

    ReplyDelete