Friday, August 14, 2009

I hurt.....lots....but it hurts so good! ;)

So before you start reading, you must press play to this song and THEN continue reading. :)

Alright so now that you're listening to that, you'll know how my workout started today.  I usually just put my iPod on shuffle when I'm at the gym and that was the first song. I was excited about it. :) I have this problem that when I listen to my iPod while running, it's hard for me to not sing out loud.  
So I usually just bang out the rhythms with my fingers in what I think is a nondescript way but could very well look slightly weird. But I digress. :)  Today was Week 3 Day 3 and I thought I'd try to get through 3 reps instead of just 2. Oy vey, I wasn't entirely sure I was gonna make it! That was inTENSE! But I totally did it. :) I was proud of myself. But now I'm paying the price because I'm so sore right now, it's almost like I'm back at Week 1 Day 1. I'm okay with it though. :) I also was going to try to up my pace, but I found out that I normally run faster at the gym than outside.  When I run outside I slow down just a little bit, which is so odd!  So maybe I'mcloser to running like a normal person than an old man than I thought.....I'll have to be more cognizant of my pace when I'm outside and make sure I'm not cheating myself or allowing myself to go slower than I really can. We'll see. :)

I hope you like my song choice! :)

I need to get back to stretching more like I started doing. My muscles paid for that today, too. They were not happy to start running.  But they just had to get over it and deal. :)

I don't have a running related picture today, but here's a picture of me and two of my good friends I worked with at Kanuga, Deena and Ben. I heart them tons. :)



Alright, now on the Week 4!  Heck yes!  I'm excited!! Honk!

2 comments:

  1. First off way to go on the running! Although I'm almost as impressed with your use of the word "cognizant"

    And I think it would be totally okay if you banged out the rhythm's even overtly or even sang out loud. Nothing wrong with that. I play drums while I run a little bit if I get really into the song.

    Anyway, great job and week 4 here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't denote the rhythm of the songs I'm running to with my hands, but I definitely like running my steps with the beat. I get really annoyed when I get songs that don't have a good rate to run with them. If that makes sense.

    Today towards the end of my run it was all old man style. Just sayin. haha. We'll be quite a site at our first 5 K haha.

    ReplyDelete