Sunday, August 16, 2009

And the beat goes on (and on and on apparently, judging by the length of this post and title of the post, geez stop typing already....)

Week 4, Day 1: Today's run went really well. My legs below my knees burned a good bit but it wasn't anything unbearable. I decided to do my run today not just away from the track but out of my neighborhood as well. So I ran down Tara Dr. taking a right onto Connell Rd. I ran down to our OB/GYN and ran through their parking lot, through an empty lot and to the sidewalk along Northside Dr. I ran down that sidewalk for a bit then cut behind some stores and back across Connell and back into my neighborhood, back to my house. The whole thing timed out pretty well as I ended up back in front of my house just as the last 5 minute run was ending. I did walk a little ways then turn around and came back for my cool down. All in all right at 29 minutes total.

I told Baykur that I wanted to start switching gears from running based on time to running based on distance. As I told her, it's a 5K not a 45 minute K. So week 5 seems like it lends itself to that transition as the walking/running increments are broken down based on distances easily measured on a track. So I'm gone do that (yes i meant to say "gone").

A cpl of side notes. Depending on when my boss wants me to come in next Saturday to show our new Saturday store opener how to do the money stuff at work, I may or may not be doing the "VSU community 5K Fun Run/Walk." As I've told you guys before I feel bad that my first official 5K won't be with y'all but I know you guys are cool with it. I told Amanda the other day I feel like I created a running monster because my brother in law is all into it and he is running the race Saturday and my sister is wanting to run now also. All of which I'm glad for but it has been a little overwhelming.

In much more exciting news. I weighed myself after my run today and I weighed 298. yeah that's right, go read that again. 298!!! That's not barely squeaking under 300 lbs with a 299.5. Oh no! that's a whole 2 pounds less! Now I know weight loss isn't the goal of this and i really am keeping that in mind, I promise. But damn it felt good to see that on the scale today! I do feel better overall. My clothes fit better or rather I'm fitting into shirts I'd never thought I'd wear again. I had 3-4 diff people at church this morning asking me if I had lost weight, one of which asked me if I was shrinking. I can't give you guys enough credit for keeping me motivated. I mean that with all my heart, thank you.

OK so, just to give you a sense of how far I've come, here is a pic of me at my heaviest, 355 lbs:

While I do look rather dashing and sexy as hell, I'm also a BIG BOY in this picture. So again, thank you. I love you both very much.

Matt


3 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! I'm so happy for your 298! That's just freaking awesome. :)

    I'm glad today's run went well for you. I use you as a precursor to my Day 1s haha. And if you do well, then I think I'll do pretty well. :)

    I wanted to start doing the distance versus the time as well. I was planning on doing that this week, but tomorrow I'll be running around the neighborhood b/c I have to get up pretty early to be in Carrollton by 9. Soooo yeah....that was a long answer that wasn't entirely necessary....oh well. :)

    I can't wait to hear all about the race! And I think it's pretty awesome that there are some other monsters around you (other than what we created in ourselves ;) ).

    HONK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Way to go dude!!! 298, that's awesome!! You should be proud of yourself!! (because I know I'm proud of you :) )

    Ditto to the other Liz- I am going to use your Day 1 to predict mine as well.

    As I told you, I'm hoping to sync my distance and times-- perhaps I'll run whichever one takes longer?? I don't know.

    That is so cool that you are running on Saturday! You'll have to take pictures and tell us all about it. HONK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning on making a sweet custom, shirt to do my run in for the race, so look out.....

    ReplyDelete