Saturday, August 29, 2009

I about didn't make it today

Today was week 5 day 3 for me and it was really tough. This week I've run a total of 9ish miles, from last Saturday's 5k to today's 2 miler. And that is NOT including the walking segments of the training days. So I think I may have over exerted myself some. Today's run my calves (calf's?) were burning almost from the start so I really wasn't sure if I was going to make it. But I settled into a little bit faster pace than the old man shuffle and just went for it. Soon enough 8 laps became 4 laps left then 3, then 2, then 1. It was probably my slowest time in a while. Something like 38 mins to do 10 laps (1 warm up lap + 8 running laps + 1 cool down lap).

So before I left the house to run my sister called me and told me that she needed me to watch my oldest nephew, Tucker, for a few hours today. While I love my nephew, I don't so well with last minute changes and I had planned on having most of the day with no plans. So I did my run and tried to put it out of my mind and when I got home I called my sister to have Tucker bring his swimming trunks because I thought we could go swimming at the Jester's. But it turns out I didn't need to watch my nephew so I spent the afternoon at the Jester's swimming. Which was awesome because A) I love swimming and 2) it gave me a chance to stretch in the pool which is much easier than in...air...? easier than in not pool....you get my meaning.

And in closing since I forgot to take a picture of the Jester's pool here is a place where I would like to go swimming. I don't know where it is just a picture I found on the interwebs.


Pretty huh?

Matt


2 comments:

  1. Dude, the calves can just be killer! But I'm glad you pushed through - yay!

    Field trip! I vote YES. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on your run!! I'm sorry you two have these calf issues... mine seem to not even notice that they are running. haha.

    I get the same way about last minute changes- it makes me really agitated. Glad it worked out in your favor :)

    Swimming sounds like a great way to spend the afternoon!! I'm jealous. Next time you are at their pool you should pretend that it looks like that picture :)

    ReplyDelete