Tuesday, August 4, 2009

something clever

Week 2, Day 2 went pretty well I told Liz Baykur that it was probably the most difficult run so far, of the runs where i was running the correct times. Amanda went with me, which was nice, she kept the overall time while I did the 90 secs, 2 min thing. It was a little tricky because I had to take my headphones out to talk to her as i passed, so I could then hear her indication that time was up. It all ended up being pointless though because she stopped and did a cool down stretch and by the time I got back to her, time was up. I've been going up on my time the last two sessions btw. Sunday I set my countdown thing to 26 mins (including the warm up) and today was 27 mins (including the warm up).

It was very hot today, which doesn't bother me really. I usually do my running during the week around 5-6ish and 2-3ish on Sundays. Say all this talk about being hot got me thinking we need to cool off, mentally anyway. So here is a picture of my sliding down a giant inflateable waters slide

Yay!

Also on a non running note, We heard our baby's heartbeat again today! the Dr. said it was very strong (must all the running I'm doing.....wait....)

till Thursday

Matt

3 comments:

  1. Second) Yay for Amanda! Except that she lost count haha.

    Minute) I wanna go on that slide! SO MUCH FUN!

    Hour) I freaking LOVE babies, and yours is already loved by me!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Segundo) I love that the two of you went out together. What fun!

    Minuto) I want to go on that slide too! Where was it?

    Hora) I am so pleased to hear about this little one growing so nicely. I look forward to seeing your child as it experiences the world and develops a personality, and even during its angsty teenage years. ;-) It has awesome parents, so the baby's own awesomeness factor should be extrememly high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um yeah, can you get that slide back? because it's unanimous- we all want in. or on. Whatever.

    Way to go on doing bonus time at the end. We're gonna kill these 5 and 10 K's of the future that we're going to run haha.

    I ditto the yay baby sentiment... I mean. DUH. :) So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete