Thursday, August 27, 2009

Big ol' fat rain

So today should have been my Week 5 Day 3 but like a dummy I did Week 5 Day 1 twice. So today I did Week 5 Day 2 and it was awesome! I say that not because I kicked the run's ass or anything, the run was actually pretty tough. It was awesome because I got to run in the rain! It was coming down HARD too. See this picture:
Yeah that shirt was a blueish grey and the shorts just regular grey. I was raining water out of my shirt as I ran. Here is another crazy pic.


That pile is everything I had on while I was running. I know shoes weigh a lot anyway but all that weighed 6.5 lbs!

So as you guys know I've been having a rough week. But I think I turned a corner today as I was running in the rain. I told Liz W that the run was very cathartic for me mentally and emotionally. I felt very cleansed after. All in all I did 2 3/4 miles (including a 1/4 mile warm up and a 1/4 mile cool down) in approx 36 mins. A pretty good days work.

Matt
-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. That's some intense rain! I'm glad that you enjoyed it though. :)

    Awesome time, too! I'm so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of all your rain runs!! Way to go on all the running this week. I'm glad this run was cathartic for you as well, AND you made good time! Haha.

    ReplyDelete