Monday, September 21, 2009

This train is bound for glory

Todays run was good. Almost great actually. :) But first I must update about last week.



So last week was the horrible pain in the foot, which didn't make me happy. But I ran on Thursday and was really glad about it. Granted, I did walk some, but I was still glad I made it the whole way through. I started walking each time when I started to feel that my tendon was getting all painful. That way I wasn't pushing myself so hard that it was crazy pain and I wouldn't be able to get through the whole distance. I end up running the last little leg back to my house that I normally use as my warm up and cool down run just because I was so dern happy that I made it haha. And it wasn't the old man shuffle, either. I BOOKED it. And then right when I got up to the corner to turn into my neighborhood, I SPRINTED. It was like someone was chasing me and I needed to run for my life. Yeah, totally couldn't breathe when I stopped, but I was happy. :) So Thursday I ran for 3.06 miles in 47:59 minutes.

I wanted to catch up with Day 2 & 3 over the weekend, but it just didn't happen haha. I was so tired and busy that it would have been a pretty pointless effort haha. So I ran this morning with the goal of just starting on schedule with Week 9. I've come to find that I need this schedule thing. I'm not really good at planning runs on days that I don't normally run haha. That may sound weird, but I've come to like my schedule and how it all fits together haha. But I digress.....

Today's goal was to make it the whole 3 miles, but if not, then just do the 2.75. I did walk a couple of times, but not nearly as much as I did on Thursday (yay!) and I changed up my route a little bit. I wanted the change just because I felt slightly unmotivated to run the normal way back, so I ran on the sidewalk on the main road. Originally I wanted to avoid the main road b/c I didn't want to look all crazy trying to run while people drove by (not really sure why this mattered since I wouldn't know 99.99% of those people), but I did it this morning. :) I liked the change - I think it helped me pump up the end. But yeah so I ran down this last stretch to my house and then a little ways into the neighborhood to get the whole 3 miles and a cool down walk. I was really excited. It also helped that the last song playing was "This Train" by the Indigo Girls where one line is "This train is bound for glory" - I felt that I was on that track. So that was helpful. Plus it was sprinkling for about half of my run and it felt really good haha. Okay so here's the facts: ran 3.33 miles in 53:28. Hopefully next week I'll be able to start shaving off time. :)

Dang this was long! haha! But I really enjoyed today's run with a dash of walking. :) I'm so proud of us!! :) Yay!

HONK!

3 comments: