Monday, September 28, 2009

*insert title HERE*

Um yeah, so I've run three times since my last update. Oops. So here's a quick recap:

Wed: 3.44 miles in 49:09
Sat: 2.04 miles in 28:03
Today: 3:47 miles in 40:11

I didn't run on Friday because Thursday night's yoga kicked me in the FACE. I was definitely sore on Friday morning and just knew there would be no way I could make it haha. So I ran on Saturday. I had every intention of going the whole 3 miles, but I realized that I probably didn't have time since I had to be in Carrollton so early for class. That's why it's only 2 miles instead of 3.

I'm still having to walk a little bit, but today I walked a lot less today than I did last week. Hopefully by the end of this week or next I'll be up to all running again. On a side note, I couldn't find my headphones this morning so I ran without music. I thought it would be pretty miserable, but time still seemed to fly by. Okay so moving on.....I've been trying different strides to help out my foot and I think I've found a stride that helps keep the pain away. There is a bit of an issue with the new stride though haha. I've been getting pretty winded when I'm running a lot quicker than normal. I finally figured it out that it's because my stride is longer, therefore I'm running a little bit faster than I'm used to. I'm totally okay with the switch out of more labored breathing than my foot filling with pain haha. It just means that with more time I'll get used to the new stride and my breathing will get better. The cool part about the faster pace is that I'm only a minute and a half away from a 10 minute mile! Today I did a mile in 11:34. :) I'm happy about that - a 10 minute mile is my short term goal for the moment haha.

On another note, I still love yoga. It makes me happy. :) And it kinda hit me when I was talking to my neighbor last week about my running and yoga and he goes "you're working out 5 days a week?! Wow! That's awesome, Liz." I never really thought about the whole 5 days a week thing - it's kinda funny! haha! Just think where we were just a few months ago - incredibly sore, thankful that we made it through the first few rotations of 60/90, and overall pretty proud of ourselves. Well, I'd have to say we're still pretty proud of ourselves, and if we're not we stinkin' should be, and there's still some hard parts of our runs, but I think we've done a pretty good darn-tootin' job. :)

And on one more note, I bought more running shoes haha. I didn't really have to, but I did. The whole reasoning (I keep justifying myself for a reason other than the fact that I just wanted them haha) is to switch out the shoes so that each pair will last longer. They're the new Lunar Glides by Nike (go figure). Here they are! :)


Oh! And I've been meaning to thank Laura E for suggesting orthotics for my shoes - I really think they've helped. :)

Till next time friends! HONK!

1 comment:

  1. First off) Sorry for being so slack lately about posting and commenting

    G money) Sweet shoes!

    The Penis Mightier) Way to go on finishing Week 9! you deserve a mega Honk for that! So HHOOOOOOOOOOONNNKK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete