Friday, September 11, 2009

Even the Avett Brothers couldn't help me

Ugh. Wednesday and today's run was just not that great. The runs so bad that the Avett Brothers, a great band, couldn't even keep me motivated. I've mentioned the recurring knee thing, and now there's a tendon thing. The tendon on top of my left foot has started to get pretty agitated when I run, and it gets pretty painful. If it were just my calves that were on fire while running, it wouldn't be a big deal. But nooooooo, my leg feels the need to take it a step further and cause me more pain. Ugh. So Wednesday I had to stop a few times and stretch out my calves and the top of my left foot in order to keep going. So Wednesday's run was 3.03 miles, 46:44 minutes, and 435 calories. Today's run was 3 miles, 47:04 minutes, and 431 calories.

Wednesday's run was rough, but today was even worse. I couldn't run the whole time because of all the pain in my foot. :( So freaking sad. So I did my warm up walk, ran for a while, walked for a little bit, ran some more, walked just a little bit, and then ran the rest of the way. I didn't keep track of how much I ran versus walked specifically, but I know that I ran more than walked. I was just not happy about the walking, but I had to in order to keep going. I'm just sad about the whole thing. I mean, Monday wasn't too bad, but it just got progressively worse this week. I'm really hoping that the yoga will help with the running, along with just being repetitive each time. Plus I bought a knee brace and an ankle brace for support while I run, so let's hope that it makes a difference.

Speaking of the knee and ankle brace, here's my leg all braced up:

I also bought the Runner's World Training Journal today. Hopefully it'll be pretty productive. :) But for real, today during the run, one of the ONLY reasons I kept going was because ya'll keep me accountable for my share of the "work" haha. I know that ya'll would make me hold up my end of the bargain, so that definitely kept me going. Yay geese!

Honk!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry this week has been so rough!! Take walk breaks when you need them. Getting injured is just not worth it. Also take some advil or something. How is your knee and foot when you aren't running? HONK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah....I'm really hoping that next week will be the turn around week where I can just go and zone out and whatnot. So we'll see. When I'm not running, there's no problem. Which isn't really convenient for the moment haha.

    ReplyDelete