Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I hate the end of vacation. Boo.

This weekend I was down at Lake Blackshear in Cordele and I was definitely sad to leave. :( I was supposed to run on Monday morning before I left, but I ended up running Sunday night because I wanted to get it over with haha. But before that I walked 2 miles with my stepmom on Saturday. And on Friday was my Week 6 Day 3 run. So run on Friday, walk on Saturday, run Week 7 Day 1 on Sunday. Oy vey. My legs were not very happy about the walking and then the running hah. But I, once again, employed the old man shuffle to get through the 2.5 miles. So Sunday night I went 2.82 miles in 42:36 minutes (eh, could be better), and burned 406 calories. It was cool to run near the lake because while I was running down the road, you got glimpses of the lake every now and then. The only downer about the run is that the road wasn't always even (which is a given), but especially around the curves in the road it was a bit crazy. So yeah, my left leg from the knee down was on FIRE from just about the beginning. Ugh. But other than that I was happy that I finished. Gotta love the endorphins.

Other than running and walking during the weekend, I went kayaking both Saturday and Sunday, and rode/drove the boat around the lake. My brother is the skier and tuber of the two of us kids, so he did that while I watched. It was fun. :) I also took a hammock down there, so both Saturday and Sunday mornings I was outside on the hammock reading for a while. :) It was quite enjoyable. :) But here are a few pictures of the sunset Friday and Saturday night.



We're almost done! Yay! Then it's just working on time and building up for the 10k! (whenever that may be, of course. :) )

Honk!

4 comments:

  1. I love a good scenic run. I'm hoping to find some around Valdosta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well thanks. Not that I was fishing for compliments or anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great weekend!! And yeah, the ends of vacations are always so sad.

    ReplyDelete