Sunday, September 13, 2009

like a Russian race horse

Week 7 is done! It's crazy how close we are to being done. 9 weeks seemed so far away when we started. This weekend has been crazy for us. Friday night we went to a fund raiser dinner for my old campus ministry and the speaker was the first double amputee to complete the Ironman Hawaii triathlon. So i felt like a total slacker after that, kidding. He was great. Then we went to Adel and spent the night so we could be up there early for the garage sale, then there was the garage sale then we went to the FSU game where we got rained on, I mean like raining buckets for the entire first half. But all in all it was a good weekend.

I tell you all that though so you know where my body and mind were as I ran today: exhausted. I feel like I cheated again today cuz I had to stop about a mile and a half in this time to pee. Which i know is a valid excuse but I feel like I wouldn't have been able to make it through the whole thing if I hadn't stopped, regardless of having to pee. I guess it isn't a big deal but I feel like I'm falling short somehow. I hold myself to a pretty high standard with certain things. Things I care about and am passionate about. Which is good, as long as its not an unreachable standard I guess. Anyway, here is my run:


Till next time

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Haha I think that's a good reason to stop.

    I'm proud of us, too! Time flies when you're having fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a good reason to stop. :)

    ReplyDelete