Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Not the best ever

Well, my running days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. So I get up all crazy early like normal and get my run started. I do my warm up walk and start running. It didn't take very long for me to stop running and start walking. My knee was fine, but it was that stinking tendon that was on FIRE through my whole foot. Not really happy about it. So I decide that I'll just have to walk for a while instead of running. So I walked 2.04 miles in 34:32 minutes. I wanted to keep moving, but I was not happy about walking and not running. My main thinking is/was "I've gone 7 whole weeks and NOW it decides to hurt? TOTALLY not fair! I'm almost to Week 9! UGH!" Plus another special explicative when my mom asked me how it went right when I got back haha. But I understand that it was the right decision so that I wouldn't seriously hurt my foot. I'm definitely not counting Monday as my W8D1, so I think I'll try to give it another go tomorrow. We'll just have to see how I feel in the morning hah.

Speaking of how I feel tomorrow, I had my first yoga class tonight! I really liked it. It was sorta challenging and kinda not all at the same time - I guess the perfect mix of both really. I really like the teacher and I feel like this will definitely be beneficial for me. I have a different teacher on Thursday, so I'm excited about learning more from someone else and whatnot. I was so relaxed at the end, when we were doing the end relaxing poses, I bout fell asleep haha. But overall I'm glad about it. :)

The main determining factor with running tomorrow or not is if I'm sore from tonight or not. So tomorrow could be my W8D1 or it might be Friday (more healing/resting time for the tendon in my foot). I'm hoping that it's tomorrow and that I just rock it out. But we'll see.

The random picture of the day is from my good friend's wedding this past weekend. This is me with some pretty awesome friends from college. And I love weddings! :)


Till next time friends! HONK!

2 comments:

  1. That sucks about your foot, dude! Definitely don't push to where you get injured. It just isn't worth it. You know, I think when I started running in the spring it was probably like 7-8 weeks into it that first started having tendon issues. Have you found any decent stretches for it? That was what really saved me.

    That is awesome about the yoga. And if you are nearly asleep at the end, that is totally not bad. As a nurse, I strongly support it- it decreases stress hormones! And stress hormones cause all sorts of unfortunate side effects. Most of which make people rather ugly and androgynous in extreme cases. Just sayin. So yeah, relaxation is good lol.

    And, at your picture, yay weddings :)

    ReplyDelete