Wednesday, July 29, 2009

precore? procore? whatever it was, it sucked

So, today I went to orientation, which was SO draining. In a mental not physical way. On a positive note, I was definitely looking forward to my off day workout today. I was so tired of sitting in chairs!! I just wanted to run around all morning. Instead, I sat around and ate the free biscuit that we got this morning. And coconut milk yogurt :). When I did go to the gym, I figured I should try a different cardio workout, to decrease the stress on my joints. So I walked over to what I thought was your average elliptical machine. Well it wasn't. It was some sort like a cross between an elliptical machine and stair climber. Not the thing that looks like a treadmill elliptical cross, fyi. This focuses on resistance and incline. Essentially I felt like I was running uphill, even on the lower settings. Blech!! I felt like I couldn't extend my legs to a full stride so it was like making running baby steps on an incline. BUT it was a learning experience, I got a good workout, and I know that if I need to step up my game that might be a good way to do it. I was certainly tired by the end of it!! I don't have any pictures that actually relate to my day today, so here is a picture of a puppy I would like to take home with me and name Sherlock.

I am so proud of us for this week 1! We've stuck with it and haven't let any obstacles trip us up. I like the program we're doing- I'm not even worried about increasing the intensity a little next week.

Tomorrow at work I have a "New Graduate Residency Brunch," where my manager should be in attendance! I'm a little nervous actually. I'm also excited. Hopefully I'll also be able to hang out with my little nurse friends (I now have two: Claire and Allison). Allison will be on my shift and unit! So that's exciting. It was nice to get to wear scrubs the past couple days; tomorrow I'll be in business attire. I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff done tomorrow and not have to come in Friday. Then I think Monday I'll be at my own hospital... still not totally sure. I'm so tired. I am glad it's almost bedtime.

4 comments:

  1. e) so impressed with the new elliptical machine workout - good idea!

    6) that puppy is too freaking cute!

    j) yay for nurse friends! :)

    257) I'm excited for week two and feel the same way - not nervous about it at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. $) Thanks!

    #) I knowwww! I just sometimes need a puppy. but not for keeps, if we're being honest

    *) yes.

    &) yay!! We're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^) I love what i've started with the " 1)...#)..."

    K) I wonder what the puppy would look like ON the elliptical.....

    Threeve) Friends are always good, but watch out for the dreaded "interfriend mixing akward moments" ie work friends meeting church friends

    )) I am way proud of us also and I'm also not nervous about next week actually looking forward to moving closer to just running and not having to think about how many seconds I have left until 60/90

    ReplyDelete
  4. milk) I want that puppy so bad. And he would look concerned on the elliptical. Duh. Yes "interfriend mixing awkward moments" are something to be avoided. I will be spending more time with them than I thought though, which could make them all turn into real friends. Next week should be good; doing the 60/90 thing would be so tedious after one week of it lol.

    ReplyDelete