Monday, July 27, 2009

I am a nurse, I am a runner.

I'm going to have to practice saying both of those things... they just both seem weird and unnatural. I'm excited for that to change though. Today I started my new job! I got to Dekalb Medical at 7:45 am and left at 5 pm. Long day of not a ton of stuff. Tomorrow I get to wear my scrubs! Grey's Anatomy brand. They are super soft and comfortable.

Anyway, on to training news. I went to the gym after work, which was an accomplishment in and of itself. I wasn't going to do like two days in a row; my "training days" are going to typically be Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday. I thought maybe I could do just some sort of workout on my off day today. I think my body might not be quiiiite ready for that. I didn't hurt too much, but I did feel like my joints were complaining a little, so if I'm going to work out on consecutive days, I think I'll try to not make running my exercise of choice on both days, just one. Either way! My workout totals were as follows: 120 calories burned, 1.67 miles, 25 minutes. Exercising is already starting to feel like a natural thing to work into my life, which is really really encouraging.

In other news, I like the new Paramore single, Ignorance.

This was my "gift" for starting work at DMC. It is a little change purse. Not super... exciting. I'll do what I can to utilize it nonetheless.



3 comments:

  1. Wow, i never thought sexy and unsettling would go together but somehow in this picture, they do!

    Way to go on the training in between training days! Kudos on your choice of training days too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! :) And how is it that no matter what you do as a job or conference or anything, they always give you a change purse? But I'm sure you will utilize it well.

    And heck yes on consecutive workout days!! So proud!

    ReplyDelete