Friday, July 24, 2009

The green light flashes, the flags go up

So, I'd rate today as pretty good!! I didn't get up until 11:30, that part was an accident. I just couldn't seem to find any urgency to get up earlier. And I was really tired. Look at all I did:
-ran the dishwasher and put the dishes away
-laundry- 4 loads:
whites, lights, darks, and a rug
-cleaned out the laundry room and mopped the floor
-went through a few piles of paper on the floor

Then Carmen came home!! We went to target, where I got some pens, a pack of notebooks so I can journal about my first year as a nurse, a pair of scissors, and some running gear (new watch- see picture, headbands with grippy stuff, and an ipod armband).


Then I set out to use all my new gear! Unfortunately, the knee is still not up to par. So I really only ran like half of what I was going to. So now I am doing my best to majorly overhaul my stretching (or lack thereof). I highly suggest you join me in this page of stretches: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_1/126.shtml I am adding a couple a day til they are all just a part of the routine. Plus one awkward side stretch thing for the left tendon.

Food for today... in case you care, and even if you don't: lunch was chicken salad/crackers, cheddar bunnies, a peach, and a piece of chocolate. My couple of snacks were an ice cream sandwich, walnuts, and a cup of juice. Dinner was a veggie spring roll, edamame, and pad thai w/ tofu! Doc Chey's was a good choice by Liz W. Plus my roommate came along! I suppose that's all for the time being. Tomorrow is Six Flags with DAYA, which I'm not really excited about because I don't like rollercoasters... maybe I'll be a super nerd and bring a book. I win.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally praying for your knee since you're praying for my hips.

    HAHAHAHA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I think it's feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete