Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Long Awaited Arrival

The shoes have ARRIVED!!!!  First off, here's a couple of pictures. :)
When I first opened the box....*so pretty !*


There they are!!! :)

So yeah, I'm pretty excited about them.  Maybe more than I really should be, but I am haha.  But let's start at the beginning, shall we?

Okay, so today I was planning on getting to the gym and doing the Week 1 Day 2 workout, (even though I worked out last Friday, I wanted my real week to start on Monday), but I realized I didn't have enough time b/c I was coming from Carrollton to Atlanta.  So my thinking is that I have enough time to do a full walk/jog if I just go around the neighborhood.  This whole time I'm hoping that my new shoes will be at the house before I get there so I can use them, but I did bring my other ones just in case.  Alas, I get to the house and no shoes.  Off I go with the other shoes.  I decided to go into a nearby neighborhood (we live on a pretty busy road), and quickly realize that it's quite pretty.  Here's a picture of Lake Avondale that I went by:


There were ducks!

As I'm going about my way, I start to feel a bit more winded earlier than when I'm on the treadmill and my calves are starting to burn a tad earlier.  This does not make me happy.  So by the end of my 60 secs that are rounding out 25 minutes, I just decide to walk the rest of it out haha.  Needless to say, I have come to the conclusion that it's harder to run outside than on the treadmill.  Which logically makes sense.  Except that I didn't make that connection until today.  Although I do think that one reason it was harder is because it's a bit harder for me to regulate my pace, both walking and jogging, when I can't see the speed on the treadmill.  I hope that makes sense.....so yeah, I think that could be a big reason why I got so winded - harder to slow myself down! 

Here comes the discovery of the shoes.  I've been checking all day the tracking information on my shoes and was disappointed each time when they hadn't arrived.  So I decide to check on my phone while I'm doing my last walk to the house - and they had been delivered!  So that gave me a nice little boost of energy to pick up the walking pace a bit.  

I get home, bolt up the stairs, and there's the box.  I tear open the box and see those beautiful shoes that I waited so long for.  Of course I wear them to the meeting I had to go to, and they're pretty awesome. :)  Makes me happy.  They're equipped with the space for the Nike+ thingy, so any thoughts on getting one?  Go check it out on their website and get back to me. :)

I've been trying to stretch out my calves and quads at least twice a day in order to not be so sore.  Plus I think I'm going to see when the yoga classes are at the gym and see if they fit on my off days every now and then.  But we'll see. :)

I'm so excited!  Our first week is almost FINISHED!!  So proud, so proud. :)

2 comments:

  1. SO PRETTY!!! I love your shoes. And I love that you wore them to your meeting :).

    Thank you for pointing out the ducks. That infinitely increases the coolness of the lake, in my opinion. Dunno how they affect the ecological system, I just like them.

    That is totally true about land versus the treadmill. And I like you're positive spin on it, that its just that you have a hard time slowing down :)

    As far as the Nike+ thing, I considered it last year when I took up running, but didn't keep up the program long enough to reward myself with it hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think so! The picture makes them look orange, but they're really pink with light light blue. :)

    I like ducks. Minus the part where I had to avoid the duck poop while running.

    I try to. :)

    Hahahaha well we'll see how I feel a bit later about it I guess.

    ReplyDelete