Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving + Running = Sore Liz

Right now I am eating some lovely Cascadian Farms Organic Raisin Bran and drinking some much needed coffee while watching The Ellen DeGeneres Show.  I usually have a glass of juice with breakfast but I ran out. :(  But it's okay. :)

So it's been an eventful past few days, to say the least.  Sunday I caved and bought my shoes online......and they should be here TOMORROW.  Yay!  No worries, pictures will be put up. :)  But before I ordered them on Sunday, I thought I'd try searching for them a little more.  I should've known that wasn't a good idea.  Ends up that I find some after calling the store at Discovery Mills (not in the color I want, btw, but I was a bit desperate), and I cut a corner too sharp and busted a tire on a curb.  No worries, no damage done to me other than a bit of unhappiness.  So I just ended up waiting until Monday to come back to Carrollton, thinking that my tire wouldn't be hard to find....yeah....no.  I needed to be back by 12:45 for when the POD would get to my apt so I could start loading up, but everyone said they could get the tire in the afternoon.  So long story short, I found that if you drive 55 mph all the way from Decatur to Carrollton it takes 15 minutes longer than normal.  And I'm getting my new tire this afternoon here.....

Okay, so on to the real point - going up and down stairs for a couple of hours and then running isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be today.  But don't worry - still sore, both from my workout and from carrying furniture down the stairs.  My brother was helping me and we were running a bit later than I thought we would, (we were going to the Jason Mraz concert :) ), so I didn't get to work out as long as I wanted to.  But I did pick up my pace just a tad, not too much, but just enough to get a good burn going.  And I totally brought my big ole cup o'water. :)  So here's the pics. :)

1.32 miles, 176.3 calories, and 22:01 minutes


There's still some water in it but I totally downed in right after. :)

So yeah, that was kinda long and around the point, but ya know. ;)  I think my workout days will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  That's plan as of now, at least.  I'm happy that I'm not nearly as sore as I was the first time I worked out, so I feel as if I'm making progress, even though it hasn't been a long period of training at this point.  But I'm still totally geeky excited about our whole training program.  And it feels natural, too.  So YAY!!! :)

And as a side note, my brother said he'd come cheer us on for the 5k here in Carrollton, but only if he could sit with a cooler and drink hahahaha.  So we have one on the sidelines at least! :)

Yeah, I'm coming to find that I make these kinda long......but it's still fun!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry hear about your tire, suck! What color and brand are your shoes? or do I have to wait for the big blog post reveal?!? Try and find out the date of the race up there so we can put it on our calenders. There is one in Tally I want to do in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, your Big Cup of Water... it looks precarious. Please be careful not to spill it. hahaha. And yeah, that totally sucks about your tire. I had a flat a few weeks ago on a night I had to babysit. Also, I like that you write long posts. Then I don't feel bad when I do it. :)

    ReplyDelete