Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On the road again.....

So I took a mini vacation from running. Only meant for it to be a week, but with the crappy weather Monday and Tuesday morning, I just couldn't do it. Especially since I knew awesome weather was to come. :)

The week off was good - it was hard to not run, but then again it wasn't too bad haha. Right now I'm on spring break from school and decided to come down to my dad's lake house at Lake Blackshear to work on my exit paper for school. That way I could get away from the hustle and bustle of my house and just sit and type for hours on end. Exciting, I know. BUT - I knew I was coming down to awesome weather that would be perfect for running. And so far I'm totally right. :)

I ran this morning for the first time since the race and I was a little nervous. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel or how my muscles would do. When you run it's not like you have anything to prove to anyone except yourself, and that was definitely how I felt this morning. I really just wanted to bang out two miles and take it slow since it's been a bit since I had run. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't incredibly hard, either. Don't get me wrong, I was totally counting down on my Nike+ to that 2 mile mark, but I was definitely proud of myself for being able to do that. Now I'll just start to build up my mileage back and start a training program for the half marathon.

The next race for me will be the Rose City Run in my hometown of good ole Thomasville, GA haha. It'll be pretty cool to run in my hometown, especially since I never thought I would run it! Then it'll be the Peachtree Road Race! That one will really be the big test since I've heard it's quite the beast haha. But it's all really exciting. :)

I must say that I'm really proud of myself. I think the 15k was a bit of turning point for me. It made me realize that I can do this type of running and that yeah, I'll have some rough runs and it'll be hard, but the reward of crossing that finish line is all worth it. It really helps to have such support from everyone and getting that push from my running partners in crime to keep going and keep at it.

Alright enough sentimentality - HONK!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm way excited about running these next two races with you! Amanda should be finishing up her couch to 5k in June and there is a run in Adel we might do. The peachtree is going to be a beast but we're going to tame that mofo!

    HONK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you! You can be as sappy and sentimental as you want. You earned it... 15 times over!

    ReplyDelete