Sunday, March 21, 2010

Adel Kiwanis Club 5K

Yesterday morning I ran the Adel Kiwanis Club 5K. It was really cool to be in my hometown. The race started and ended at the track/football stadium which was cool. Brought back a lot of good memories. The race itself was kind of rough to be honest. Having just run a 15K a week prior I feel pretty okay with my time of 37 mins 3 secs. That is the slowest time since my very first 5K, but still faster than that time by more than 3 mins.

I have to say that at several points I wanted to stop and walk which is something I don't do (walk that is, I want to stop and walk all the time). I maybe even wanted to stop and walk during this race more than during the 15K. I just felt like my legs locked up on my from the knees down about a mile into the race. They were tight and burning almost the whole way and I really had to concentrate hard on my iPod while I was running (not just stare at it but concentrate on the music being played, smart ass).

All in all it was a good day. I got to see several friends from high school, including my two best friends Amanda Taylor and Tabitha Jenkins, who came out to cheer me on, thanks ladies!

I've decided to take a page out of Liz's book and take a few days off. I'm only going to walk while Amanda does her Couch to 5K runs at the track (she completed Week 1 Day 3 today!) and I'll probably start back Thursday with some hardcore running.

Till next time

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment