Tuesday, March 16, 2010

new things

So the first run after the River Run 15k was a night of new things. We tested the running stroller and I have to say I hated it. 100% pure and simple. When you run your arms move plain and simple. In situation where you run and your arms potentially don't move, like on a treadmill, you can hold onto some handles and what you're holding onto has some weight to it. Not the case with a running stroller. Any weight you put to bear on the stroller will immediately pop the front well and it just makes for very awkward running if you aren't used to it. So we'll see if its something I can get used to or if we may not be making much use of the running stroller.

The other new thing (and much more exciting if you ask me) is as of last night Amanda officially started the couch to 5K program! She did great and today she said she was pretty sore but felt good overall. The plan is for us to stagger our running days so that on days when she run I'll have AJ either just at the house or at the track and I'll walk with him and vice versa. I have to say I'm really proud of her and I'm already looking up potential races to be her first.

Big things a doin in the Harrell household!

1 comment: