Sunday, March 28, 2010

my ankle is jacked up

Ankle: "oh hai! You thought u were going 2 be able to walk 2 nite?? Me: "why the eff are you doing this to me?!?" Ankle: *shrugs*

That was my facebook status last night. After my wonderful Saturday morning run I came home and laid down and slowly and surely my ankle started to hurt, so much so where I had Amanda get me some frozen corn (not whole ears) to put on it. But when I got up I couldn't hardly walk, like I really could have used crutches. After some sage advice from Liz W, I wrapped it up in an ankle brace and tried to stay off it as best I could. It feels much better this morning but still not ready to run on it.

Keep me and my ankle in your prayers.

Till next time

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm a sage! ;) It'll get better and it'll be frustrating just waiting but the big kicker here is to not get back too early. Even if the pain is bearable, it doesn't mean you're ready to run again. It'll just prolong getting back to your full capacity.

    Hang in there - it'll get better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete