Sunday, January 3, 2010

game face? check.

well it's back to the pavement for me, folks. I am starting over on the couch to 5K program, only this time, it will result in a 15K instead. And it will be barefoot (or in vibram 5 finger shoes, depending on how things go).

Today's run was... well suffice it to say although my endurance seems to be better than when we started this back in August, I am rusty. I don't feel like I have a flow to my pace at ALL. Some of this I am going to attribute (see also: blame) to the fact that it is REALLY cold out today, and it was one of my first toe shoe runs. In the beginning, I couldn't run enough to get warm, and if I tried to run faster then my throat would get all cold and irritated. Then once my body was at a tolerable temperature, my feet were getting to that painfully cold state. Lesson here: do an indoor warm up, and wear more clothes. The other issue? Week 1 is too easy :) I didn't extend it yet, to the increased time for the 15K, I think I'm going to jump up to week 2 next time I run, and then next week jump up to running for 30 minutes instead of 20, then the following week do 40 minutes. I'll be honest, going from no running to 40 minutes with no gradual increase is just not something I really have motivation for. Hence the gradual increase. Plus I already feel a little ahead of the game since I'm going to jump to week 2 on my second run. I just couldn't get warm enough on the week 1 schedule today. Either way, I feel pretty good, I'll be honest.

1 comment: