Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And I quote "We're gonna own this race!"

So as Liz Baker put it, we're totally going to own this dag gum race. And as Matt pointed out to me, we're totally gonna die by the end haha. But it'll definitely be tons of fun! :) I think that a good distraction for me would be to put a book on cd on my ipod. That way I won't be so focused on what pain may come or if I get tired haha. But that's just an idea. ;)

So I ran on Monday, and it was a little better. I think that my plan is to up the amount of running each time/week, depending on how the run starts out. I'm up to 4:30 running sections with 3-4 minute walking. Although the last running section I did on Monday I ran for 5 minutes. Yeah......totally had a side stitch. Oops. But I was proud. :)

My foot kinda hurt a little bit, but once I got past the initial pain, it was more like a warm sensation through my foot. Don't really know if that's good or not, but it wasn't a big painful experience. The weird part was that at one point my shins were hurting, which I was totally not a fan of. But that stopped at some point.....I think. I don't remember haha.

I'm running again today, so hopefully that will be pretty excellent. I got the Glee Volume 1 soundtrack for Christmas, so that's been my running music currently.

I'M STILL EXCITED! HONK!

1 comment:

  1. Heck yes we're gonna own this race!! ... I just quoted you, quoting me. weird.

    Either way, I've been having a few too many side stitches lately, I think because I eat or drink too much too close to running.

    ReplyDelete