Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year, New Start

This post is also known as "We Were Slackers and Now We Have to Kick Our Butts in Gear for the 15k." But that took up too much space.

I ran yesterday. And today I'm only a little bit sore. So that's positive hah. I ran a couple of days before Christmas, and that went a bit better than expected. So yesterday's run I expected the same type of outcome. And I got it haha. I ran/walked a little over 2 miles, and it wasn't too bad. I went to the gym because it was so freaking cold, but my ipod apparently needed to be charged. So I had to suffer through about 30 minutes of not the best music choices to run to. Oh gym music.

The run went pretty well I think. I ran for about 3 to 4 minutes at a time and then walked for about 4 minutes. The running wasn't hard, but not entirely easy either. I got to that point where it was slightly uncomfortable and then I got to walk again. My knee was fine and my foot seemed like it wanted to go badly, but it stayed on the "no pain" course. I was definitely grateful for that! I think I'm gonna go up to Fleet Feet at some point to see what they say about my running. Maybe that will lessen the chance of my foot acting up. But we'll see. :)

I'm glad we're all back on track for this thing - we're gonna rock it out! And I'm all excited about it. Operation 15k is on the move! HONK!

1 comment:

  1. I like the long title you gave the post :) Way to go on the run, and on the foot staying in the no pain zone. Fleet Feet sounds like a good idea. I am excited about the race already!!

    ReplyDelete