Wednesday, January 27, 2010

yikes.

so the run today was psychologically pretty good, and physically terrible. it started out promising, i felt strong, the weather was great, my ipod was picking good songs. and then i got a side stitch from hell. that wouldn't go away. i walked for a few minutes, tried to run again and barely lasted a minute and a half. so again i tried to walk it off, and had to alternate walking and jogging for short intervals for the next 10 minutes or so, then it took me like 15 minutes to walk back home. in the intervals, my knee started hurting, then a couple bones on the bottom of my foot, then my hip, then my toenails actually. so yeah. i'm trying to wear my toe shoes more even when i'm not running so my feet can get more used to them, and in places stretch them where they might need it. and to build up my feet and ankle muscles. well at least i got outside today. this week is going to be a, have to stay outside for 30 minutes each session, week. even if that means walking. hopefully next run will be better and i'll start to see some improvement.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! And I totally hear ya on the 30 minute limit haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks!! and glad i'm not alone in that.

    ReplyDelete