Saturday, January 9, 2010

Totally pumped

I didn't run today. :( It's still icy and freaking cold, so no running outside or getting on the road to drive to the gym. So I only got in two runs this week. The second run I couldn't use my nike+ because I forgot to charge it. But I went the same distance pretty much. This time I upped the running by 30 seconds each time. I lost track of the walking part at some point so when I felt like I was rested enough I'd start back running. But I was pretty proud of myself. :)

Let me just say that I'm totally pumped about our running haha. I looked up the race website and they have a training schedule up for beginners and we aren't too far behind I think. I've talked to my cousin about hotel suggestions, so that's pretty positive. :) I'm just really dag gum excited haha.

Anyway, hopefully this ice will be gone by Monday so I can get back in the gym. I want to start doing some strength workouts, too....I think. So we'll see how that works out haha. But I'm definitely still pumped about our efforts. :) Yay us! HONK!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! And yeah, I totally took a snow day instead of running my third day... oops. Hopefully this week will be warmer, geez!!

    We are going to own this race!

    ReplyDelete