Wednesday, January 13, 2010

still icy :/

It was icy more in temperatures than actual ice. I am really ready for 10 degrees warmer weather. At least. So my newest plan is sort of hard to explain, even though the concept isn't that difficult. Last week (and today, because today I was doing my third run from last week) I was running for 20 minutes. The first day I did the Week 1 times, the second day I did the Week 2 times, and today I did the Week 3 times. This week I'll go for 25 minutes, running the Week 2, 3, and 4 times. Next week it will be 30 minutes for Week 3, 4, 5's times. So I'm bumping up 5 minutes a week, and making the intensity of each workout go up by following the times of consecutive weeks (with the first run always coordinating with the actual week I'm on). I don't know if I made that concise, or just confusing. Luckily I know what I'm doing haha. Now I just have to hope it works. :)

Still no IT band pain! Unfortunately the hip flexor is still acting up. I started adding some sit ups, lunges, pushups, and toe raises before my warm up, as an indoor prewarm up. To actually warm my body up and increase my circulation so it isn't so harsh when I go outside. The toes just get so chilly in my toe shoes. I'm hoping the lunges might help with the hip flexor as well. Ok I guess that's about all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the temp is going up - let's just hope that it continues to do so. At some point I'm gonna have to run outside versus on the treadmill.

    I hate that your hip flexor is messing up! We can NOT have pain this time around! At least that's what I keep telling my foot. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll start meditating to CONVINCE my hip that it doesn't actually hurt. Good idea? absolutely.

    ReplyDelete