Tuesday, November 24, 2009

For the record, WE DID IT.

I am so proud of us for setting the goal, and training, and blogging (ok, so we were a little more OCD about it in the beginning, oh well), and actually doing the 5 K together. HONK!!

We have accomplished a lot, and I just love our little team.

And one more thing. I had no idea how much FUN I would have actually doing the 5K. I mean, I know Team Liz walked a good portion of it, and therefore breathing was a little easier, but seriously, it made me wanna do a 5K every week. I loved the drive, the cold, the dark, the late night aspect, the post run pancakes, and my new playlist.

Something from Born to Run that has stuck out to me, is this tribe in Mexico, they call themselves "the running people" (in a dialect of Spanish), right? well their whole like motto is that running should be fun. if you aren't enjoying it, you are doing something wrong. and for me, jumping around in my toe shoes made it fun again, like when you are a kid and you say "hey mom look at this!" and you take a running leap to clear a 5 inch curb. its more fun to run around with other people and do that, which is difficult to coordinate, so i'm going to try to remedy that somehow... not sure yet how though.

No comments:

Post a Comment