Monday, November 2, 2009

5K/Run for Vocare

The St. Johns Road Race was this past Saturday, Halloween morning. The route took us through all kinds of side streets and neighborhoods. Completely opposite of the VSU 5k back in August. That race there were long straight stretches down main streets in Valdosta. My time for that race was 41:49. And my time for the St. Johns 5K was.......35:48! A full 6 minutes faster than my VSU time!. As I crossed the finish line I honestly started to cry, I was just so emotional cuz of how hard I worked to get my time down. I didn't cry however, instead I puked. Yeah, not too proud of that but it was only because I was pushing myself so hard. Irregardless I am very proud of how well I did.

Now, the Run for Vocare, the fundraiser other Vocati and I are doing this month officially started yesterday and I had my first run today. I decided my Nike+ needed recalibrating so I did 2 laps walking and 2 laps running at the track today then I did 2 miles (I did 8 laps and my nike+ said it was more than 2 miles but we'll see how I calculate it later).

I have gotten a fair amount of pledges. And I really owe that to the Very Rev. Dr. Denise Ronn. She basically went around to all the tables at coffee hour and said "so how much are you going to pledge for Matthew?" which was awesome and made me laugh. So thanks Denise!

Look for more posts and updates on how many miles I've run so far.

Nov 2 - 2.27 miles

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment