Sunday, November 15, 2009

hills

So I need to do a quick post about my run on Thursday. I decided to set up a different type of run for each day I run. Mondays will be speed days, where I attempt to run 3.1 miles in the fastest time possible. Wednesdays will be hills, pretty self explanatory. And Fridays will be endurance, where I will attempt to run longer distances with the goal to end up running 6.2 miles (10K).

I skipped running on Wednesday thinking I would be able to push Friday's run back to Sat. Needless to say if you've seen my facebook and twitter posts you know how that worked out.

So Thursday I ran hills. What I had to do since Valdosta doesn't really have "hills" they have "gradual inclines" and none consistently in a row that it makes for a good work out, is I went to the track and ran the hills there. The new middle school sits higher up than the track next to it so the track is surrounded by these pretty steep hills on about 2/3 of it. So I did a warm up walking lap then made for the first hill. All in all it wasn't bad. I now know why hills make for good workouts as my legs were a burnin! I ran in a big circle going up and down the hills for about 20 minutes. My goal is to increase the amount of time I'm able to run the hills.

Well I gotta run (literally) I'm at the hotel and since I'm somewhat caught up on sleep (while everyone else I'm in the suite with is sleeping) I'm going to make use of their gym AND POOL! I'm really pumped about the pool :)



Matt

Nov 2: 2.27
Nov 4: 2.75
Nov 7: 1.7
Nov 9: 3.11
Nov 12: 2.00

Total: 11.83


1 comment:

  1. Good job with the hills - I'm impressed! Hopefully I'll be able to start doing the same after this week. We're gonna hope, anyway.

    I'm excited!:)

    ReplyDelete