Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 2 Complete! Now repeat.

I finished up Week 2 on Saturday with the long 6 mile run. It wasn't that easy. It was freaking hot and I ran with water (which has been my best idea yet, I think), so in order to drink it and not spill all over me I would stop to drink. I think the water pretty much saved my life haha. And my run. If I keep up that pace (without the stopping and drinking), then I'll be on point for my goal time for the Peachtree Road Race.

I bought a new CamelBack water bottle today so that it'll be easier to drink while running. That way I won't have an excuse to stop running hah. I think I've started giving myself allowances or excuses to take breaks while running. I don't know. Sometimes I feel like I have good reasons to stop (calves on fire, water), but other times I stop and think to myself "I have no idea why I stopped running." I'm not really sure what this is all about, but I don't like it. Fail.

Today's run was just hard. It was hard for me to get moving and my legs just did not want to move. It was obnoxious. I decided to repeat Week 2. I really want to get that 6 miles down pat. So hopefully this time around this week will work out better than it did the first attempt. But anyway, I'm really hoping that this week will go well. Each day it's either a good run or a bad run. It's been hard finding a balance lately. But I'm keeping my eye on the prize - gotta get through that marathon! :)

HONK!

No comments:

Post a Comment