Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Not that easy.

Today was Week 1 Day 2 of the marathon training. It wasn't horrible, but I knew when I woke up this morning that it wasn't going to be an easy day of running. My calves were still a little sore and tight from yesterday, but I still wanted to get up and go. I wanted to go somewhere else to run - I'm really tired and bored of running at my house haha. So I went down to Piedmont Park. Sarah and I ran down there last week and I just really wanted to do something different.

The weather was really nice and I really liked the change of scenery for the run. Like I thought, my calves were still pretty sore, but I tried to truck through it. I stopped occasionally to stretch and just give my muscles a rest because 4 miles is long! Haha :) And you know me, it was a pretty slow run hah. But I was determined to get it done, and I totally did. Word.

The next run is a short run like yesterday - just 3 miles. I'm not sure if I'll run tomorrow or not. It really depends on my legs and seeing how sore or tight my muscles are. So we'll see. :) I'm still on the "I'm starting a new thing" high, but we're gonna hope that it stays this way. :) And I'm proud of myself, even though it's only been two days!

HONK! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment