Wednesday, May 2, 2012

That's gonna hurt tomorrow...yep....

As you know, I've been working on getting back in to running and a little while ago I downloaded the C25K app on my phone and would sporadically get back in to the swing of things.  So last week I finished up the week 4 and today I started with week 5, which is the running at 5:00 minute intervals.  Tomorrow I think it's for 8 minutes or something like that.  I knew it would be hard, but it was definitely harder than I expected.  Right off the bat I couldn't get my breathing together, which resulted in a lovely side stitch the whole time.  Fail.  The last 5 minute interval was just really difficult so I spent that time running the straights on the track and walking the curves.  I'm just glad I didn't puke, which felt like a real possibility a couple of times hah.

So I get home and really felt the need to put on the ole work out video and bust out another 45 minutes of calorie burning fun.  The videos I own have different levels, so once you master one level, you move on the to the next.  I decided last week I was moving up to level two, which begins the involvement of resistance bands.  Which make my muscles scream and yell at me every time I use them hah.

Moral of the story, tomorrow is going to HURT.  Like, real bad.  But I'm going to have to get out there and get my run on tomorrow because I need to take advantage of the times I'm able to run.  I'm working all weekend and I want to make sure that I get something done before then.  Hopefully I'll get some workouts done via running or the videos, but I definitely want to make sure that tomorrow, I get back on that track. :)

The bonus part of my run is that I listened to a new album I bought the other day.  It's a band from Iceland called Of Monsters and Men.  They're super awesome and I LOVE their album.  So go check that out. :)  Here's an acoustic version of their first single Little Talks.  Love it. :)

The funny/most annoying part of working out at home, especially when I'm doing crunches or leg lifts on the floor, is that my dear, sweet, lovely puppies feel the need to mess with me.  Today it was only this one...dear sweet Mille......




Don't let her adorable face fool you.....she really wants to be all up in your face while you're doing crunches, trying to lick all the sweat off your body.  Gross, but true.


Now this one, Henry, usually likes to be all up in my space, too.  But today he just felt the need to stay on the couch.


Needless to say, I was happy about this.  One puppy in my workout bubble is more than needed.



So I guess that's all for this go 'round.  Tomorrow will be all fun and sore, but I'm okay with that.  Homegirl needs it! :)  

HONK!







3 comments:

  1. I've thought about getting some workout videos but I just felt like I would be better off at the gym

    also just be glad the dogs aren't interrupting your sex life......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm glad I kept them - it makes me glad to have them as an option/addition. Anddddddd no comment hah.

      Delete
  2. Awww! I love the one of Henry peeking out warily from behind the blanket. :) Way to be hardcore with the running AND the DVD! HONK!

    ReplyDelete