Thursday, May 24, 2012

Daddy Day Care

So I know I told you guys already but to set all this up I have to say that the place I work went out of business two Sundays ago.  It has been an interesting week and a half to say the least.  Because I'm not working anymore and to save money until Amanda gets done with school I'm staying home with the kids.  This has been both awesome and insanely stressful at times.  Last week was highlighted by waking up to find that AJ had vomited in and around his crib.

Needless to say my running has taken a bit of a hit.  But I have really gotten back into it this week.  I went to the track Sunday night, last night and tonight.  Last night I did 7 total laps, walked the first, ran the next 5 then walked a cool down lap.  I went tonight even though I didn't really have to but I just wanted to get out.  Tonight I ran just 5 laps but I ran all of them.  I feel pretty good about my motivation right now and I just hope I can keep it up.

On a related note, my mom has offered to pick up a gym membership as my birthday present.  I just need to go check this one place out I have in mind  to see if I like it.  Anywhooooo,

HONK!

Matt

3 comments:

  1. When you are ready, I will run your first "back to 5k" run with you to help support you along the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get ANY running in! And good luck with the gym!

    ReplyDelete